- It is your responsibility to provide a working email address that you check regularly. The email address you provide on the application will be used to send login instructions and for communication with your instructor. Please be aware that some school district servers block email from outside organizations like the FTE or online virtual classrooms. You may want to use your personal email and to make sure that the FTE is one of your contacts. Another alternative is to create an email account from one of the free providers (such as Google or Yahoo) specifically for use in the online course – but don’t forget to check the account for sign-in instructions during the week prior to the course start date.
- Accepted participants will be notified by email of the course login procedures during the week before the course start date.
- Participants who do not sign in and complete the introductory lesson within the first week of the course will be dropped from the course, with no tuition refund.
REASONABLE PROGRESS POLICY:
- Participants who fail to make reasonable progress after the course start date will be dropped from the course and will NOT receive a tuition refund. “Reasonable progress” is defined as having completed the introductory assignments within a week of the course start date (or the deadline posted by the instructor). Additionally, reasonable progress throughout the course means that students complete the lessons and written assignments on a schedule that allows them to participate in asynchronous discussion forums with other members of the class. Participation in discussion forums is required.
- FTE online courses are flexibly paced and asynchronous, but are NOT independent study. A schedule and assignment due dates will be posted at the beginning of the course.
OPTIONAL UCCS UNDERGRADUATE CREDIT:
Registration for the optional undergraduate credits from the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs (UCCS) will be available only after the course start date. Information on how to register with UCCS and the dates of the registration window will be provided by your instructor in the announcements during the first week of class.
The fee for UCCS credit is $244. Payment is made online directly to UCCS. The link will be provided by your instructor after the course start date. Registration for undergraduate credits is the sole responsibility of the participant.
All questions about UCCS credit registration and payment should be directed to UCCS. FTE is responsible for the online course content and instruction, but UCCS manages the credit process.
Note – it is the student’s responsibility to determine if UCCS credits are transferable to their desired institution.
- The payment is due upon enrollment and is non-refundable.
- Participants who have already registered with UCCS and withdraw from FTE online courses must notify UCCS in order to avoid an ‘F’ grade on their transcript. (UCCS will grant an Incomplete and a one-year window to make up the Incomplete and change the grade without additional payment.)